You are putting all your effort in your research. You have a story to tell. But how do you show this to the world? Visualize your PhD! Come to the workshop and learn from a professional photographer how to capture your research with your camera! The workshop will focus on aesthetics in photography with an introduction into storytelling + editing. All you need is your phone camera and enthusiasm, but more advanced photography equipment is welcome! Basic photography skills (technique and core concepts) are required for participation in the workshop.
Not convinced yet? Here are some more reasons to join:
- Use your acquired skills to make great photos for presentations, final thesis cover or personal website
- Submit your work to the photography contest held during the PhD Day
- Communicate about research through art: show people around you what you are working on
- Do something out of your comfort zone or, if you have experience, improve your photography skills
- Be creative, challenge yourself!
- Get tips and tricks from a professional photographer
At the PhD Day we will award the best photo during the competition “Portrait of research”. More info will be announced soon on www.phd-day.nl
Workshop facilitator: Miguel Santin. Miguel started photography 16 years ago, when he was in high school. Since then he has made several collective and individual exhibitions and has been giving photography courses for seven years. His preparation as photographer is mainly as photojournalist, but he also has experience in model photography, theater, music performances, nature, landscapes and architecture.
You can find some of his work on his Instagram.
Workshop date: Friday, 29 June, 18:00-21:00
Location: University Library (Tammeszaal
Costs: €5 per person
Max. number participants: 15
After registering, more information and instructions regarding the payment will follow by e-mail. Your place in the workshop is confirmed once we have received your payment.